1-1-1-2 Ghillie Defense Playbook
with Tyler Whitcomb,
West Michigan Aviation Academy- Athletic Director and Varsity Boys Basketball Head Coach;
inventor of the Elevation Offense; former pro basketball GM and scout;
Basketball Innovator - Has created over 10 new offenses and defenses
and Andrew Howard,
Boy's Varsity Assistant Basketball coach at West Michigan Aviation Academy;
Special Education teacher;
A 'learn it all' basketball coach trying to take in everything basketball!
A ghillie suit is a piece of clothing that members of the armed forces wear when they need to be camouflaged in a one area for a sustained period of time. When soldiers wear ghillie suits, it can be impossible for the enemy to determine where the solider is hiding.
The Ghillie Defense attempts to do that to your opponents.
The defense was first seen run at Bemidiji State and the principles have been modified. This defense is meant to disguise your 2-3 zone, 1-3-1 zone, and player to player defenses.
- There is an offense for every defense and defense for every offense.
- This defense is designed to confuse your opponent and hinder their ability to get into the offense to beat your defense.
- This defense starts in a 1-1-1-2 formation and morphs into a 1-1-3 zone, 1-3-1 zone and player to player defense.
- The Ghillie Defense is perfect to call out of timeouts to keep your opponent guessing.
- Use whatever rules you have in zone defenses.
PDF - 12 pages. 2020.