by Asker Jeukendrup
High-Performance Cycling is all about going faster and pushing the limits of your ability. If you want the latest training, equipment, and technique used by the best cyclists in the world, then this is the book for you. High-Performance Cycling presents the latest applied research on cycling biomechanics, aerodynamics, testing, training, injuries, nutrition, equipment, and racing from top cycling experts from Europe, North America, and Australia. Everything in the book will have a direct effect on your performance. You'll learn how to:
You'll also learn which aspects of cycling are most important and which improvements will most directly affect your cycling performance. High-Performance Cycling gives you a better idea of what the pro teams do so that you can improve your own performance!
- test your potential,
- design a program to meet your racing goals,
- monitor your training progress and program effectiveness,
- improve the aerodynamics of your riding position,
- fuel your body properly for better racing performance, and
- stay-injury free and avoid the pitfalls of overtraining.
2002. 320 pages.